Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hooked on Crocheting....

So I finally have the basics figured out! Thank goodness, as I was so close to giving up. I guess I can put it down to the You Tube brainwashing I put myself through the other night. It really was bound to click after the 5th tutorial...lol! Anyway, I have now made a number of little things, a scarf for Thomas' teddy, a blanket for Harry's WuWu and a few other long rectangular things I am yet to figure out their purpose for.


The yarn I am using is w4 acrylic which is pretty easy to work with, I have to say I love the color too, or should that be colors? As I couldn't decide in the store what color to go for, I went with the rainbow yarn. Its great for an indecisive mind like mine, its exciting to see what color will appear next in your row of stitches.

Next I will try and teach myself to crochet in the round, which will hopefully lead to one of those cute flowers. I have read the instructions on the flower pattern below and honestly its still all gibberish to me. But I know I will get there! I purchased some new yarn today and am eager to pull it out for a play. Time to make more rectangular things!

No comments:

Post a Comment