Saturday, October 2, 2010

All the pretty things...

So after a week of laying in bed, recovering from hospital. I have finally hit the fabric stores for real inspiration. It was an amazing feeling of finally touching and holding the fabrics that I have been drooling over online all week. Talk about kid in a candy shop, it was giddying to say the least, especially when nearly everything was 50% off...lord help me and Dave take my wallet, lol!
I had planned on only going in to price, touch and plan. Yeah so not what happened! I walked out with nearly $50 worth of product but thank goodness it was over $100 worth of goodies. I really do love me a bargain and can totally not resist a good deal!

1yard - super-soft snuggle chenille $10/$6
1yard - 100% recycled brown felt $5/$2.50
1yard - wool/poly brown felt $5/$2.50
.5yard - 100% recycled white felt $2.50/$1.50
.5yard - 100% recycled cream felt $2.50/$1.50
4x.5yard - flannel prints $6/$2.50 ($10)

Even the thread was resonably priced - 1200yrds $5.00

All I need to do now is find 1 inch brown buttons and work out the cost for filling per item.

So all in all I think I have enough for 2 snuggle blankets and 16 large owls and we will see what is leftover and let the creative juices flow with the scraps =)

I also picked up 9 5x7 board canvas for my paintings. I am excited to offer a coordinating set of a plush, a one of a kind painting, snuggle blanket, bib, burp cloths. While I will make a number of the these up front, I would love to get into custom work. Where the client sends me a photo of the nursery and I then design the bird/owl/bug set with the nursery colors in mind, that too me sounds soooo fun!!! Who knows, maybe there will even be kids books in the works too? something else to think about, oh the possibilities with this, yes I'm giddy!

Now, time to get started....

No comments:

Post a Comment