Sunday, October 3, 2010

Signature style...

What will make my designs unique and stand out from all the other owl plushies and baby throws? How do I get them to stand out and not let them just blend in with the crowd?

I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I think its all in the eyes! Some owls out there have one eye bigger than the other, eyes looking like they are drunk, small eyes, big white eyes with small black pupils. Really the list goes on! I am thinking of adding a color ring to my owls/birds/bugs eyes. Sure they will still have the traditional big white round eyes and the small black button center, but I am thinking of incorporating a circle of color, either around the outside of the large white, or placed behind the black button? Trial and error will tell, All I know is I want them big, whimsical and sweet looking.

The fabric is another way of giving each piece its signature style and uniqueness. I would love to make snuggles that are all colors, not just brown with colored wings.

Maybe even the shape? Maybe I could do boy owls with a little more straight up and down appearance while the girl ones have a little more curve to them?

I need to create something that says, that is a snugglebugs plushy. And not just because of the tag!

No comments:

Post a Comment